Created in one weekend for Global Game Jam 2017 based on the theme of waves, Ravelength challenges you to match audio tracks with dancers’ wavelengths. Check out the Dancers page for a closer look at the animations I also worked on.
Video Alt Text:
Gameplay video of Wavelength. 3 people bob on a stage, each with a record player in front of them and a waveform-like line above them. The player chooses from a selection of vinyl records on the right, and places one in front of each person. They press a play button, and the people either happily dance or look disappointed, depending on whether the high and low notes of the song playing matches the ups and downs of the line above them.
- Artist: Hien Pham
- Designer / Animator: Jess Watson
- Programmer: Amos Wolfe
- Designer / Manager: Leigh Fitzpatrick
- Sound Designer: Rohan Ford
Match the wavelength to max the ravelength!
To be a successful DJ you need to play music that matches the vibes of the people on the dance floor. Match the sound of your tracks to the wavelengths of the three dancers.
How to Play:
- Hover your mouse over a record to listen to the track.
- Find the track that matches a dancer’s wavelength.
- Drag the record to the turntable and press play to get the dancer’s reactions.
- Match all 3 to keep the rave going!